This series answers the question, “Why do I need to learn algebra?”
The answer is an impressive array of real-world applications of algebra, including:
- Measuring slope for a bike ride in the hills of Tuscany.
- Measuring the impact of the earthquake in the Sichuan Province in 2008.
- Using quadratics at car accident scenes to calculate speed.
- Exploring the mortgage crisis of 2008.
- Analyzing the path of a space ship to Mars.
Dynamic footage, 3D animations, and high production values make this series stand out from other educational media. Each video includes graphing calculator applications using the Texas Instruments TI- Nspire calculator, but can easily be adapted for use with the tI-84.
Each video includes a teacher’s guide and correlation to the NCTM standards for math instruction. The series covers the complete scope and sequence of an algebra curriculum and can be used for secondary and post-secondary instruction. Produced by the Emmy Award-winning team that produced Assignment Discovery for Discovery Channel.